Sunday, April 10, 2011

Set Apart

The description I wrote down for my blog when I first started it was 'Christian, faith, Christ, Christian living' so I thought it important to jot down a few things to help define what it is I am referring to....

The God I believe in and am reverent to is the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob.

I believe God's chosen people are Israel; the strangers who exited the land of Egypt with Israel were under the same covenant as Israel, just as those who exit the darkness into light and serve Elohim are they themselves in covenant, the bride of Christ, God's chosen people. (Lev 19:34 and so many other verses...)

Elohim gave His people for their success a set of directions we know as the Ten Commandments.
He also gave days of Holy convocation(set apart gatherings) to set His people apart so they may make known their love and engagement to Him. (Lev 23)    

I believe Elohim entered the dimension we know as earth as a human being, born of a virgin into the Jewish lineage. Yehoshua walked the earth as a man, enduring as a man, remaining sinless. He was crucified as the Passover lamb making the sacrifice for all sins.  

He arose from the dead on the third day. His spirit now is dwelling with us.

And it is in His spirit that I hope we can commune with one another and proclaim His greatness... and that in essence is the structure for this blog.  

No comments:

Post a Comment