Sunday, April 3, 2011

Concerning the Garden of Eden

 I was always taught that God told Adam and Eve that if they ate of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil that they would surely die, but the serpent told them they wouldn't and when they ate of it 1) they didn't die physically, but they did die spiritually or 2) they from that time began dying and their seed from then on degenerated and that's why people gradually lived shorter and shorter lives... But what if the death that is referred to is the elimination of the ability to see the spirit world? What if before they ate of this tree they could physically see angels... and God...
 After they ate of the tree their innocence was gone and they were aware that they were naked... But I got to thinking - - if my husband and I were the only two people on earth, I don't think I'd be bothered too much about being naked... But if I had physically seen angels moseying around in the garden with me... I probably would cover up with fig leaves just as they did. I don't think from the very beginning God had ever intended for Adam and Eve to live forever; if He had why would He say in Gen 3:22 "...And now lest he put out his hand and take also of the tree of life, and eat and live forever..." So if they were always intended to partake in the cycle of life which includes death, wouldn't it make sense that what did actually die was the interaction with the dimension of what we refer to as 'spirit'? 
 In a practical sense, with that sight or ability to see gone we are only able to receive the revelation of God through His determining. He is still as ever-present as always, but we are unable to see Him -- for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment