Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Pursuit of Happiness

If I could just marry the right person...
If I could just land the right job...
If I could just make enough money...
If I could just live in the right location...
If I could just wear nicer clothes, have better things...
If I could just be smarter, taller, thinner...
If I could just _____...my life would be what I want it to be...

Dear Striving,
I am happy to inform you that contentment is fully obtainable. The need to pursue your happiness has been woven into your being from the beginning. Here is one synopsis of a perfect life, you have your own variation - graduate from high school, go to a good college, get a job you love, marry the right person, have a nice family, make lots of money, retire at 65, travel the world, and die well-loved and accomplished. Right? What if you get to the end and realize you didn't actually ever really acquire contentment? As I stated at the beginning contentment is fully obtainable... and I don't mean 50 years from now and not only if your life hasn't gone awry at some point and then another...  The void you're longing to fill is as a keyhole with only one key. You may try to force other things in, but only the right thing will fit. The happiness you strive for, the contentment you need is only available through
the one who created you.
If your thought just now was - been there, done that or I've tried Him, but He didn't do anything for me... you weren't introduced to the real thing... Think on these things for just a moment: the one who created you took so much care and thought into your existence that He made your eyelids to blink involuntarily so that your eyes wouldn't dry out, and would be protected... He created salivary glands to produce saliva in your mouth to cleanse your teeth, moisten your throat, help you to taste... He created the organs in your body to work together without your prompting... He placed the sun in the sky to warm you... He causes food to grow to feed you... He placed beauty all around you to awe-inspire the thoughts of His love towards you... He is who I'd like you to meet. He is who your soul is longing for. Forget everything you've been told about Him, look at what He has made for you and discover Him for yourself. 
I believe in and am in love with the creator of the universe, the one who set the stars in the sky, the one who formed the earth, and breathed into existence life. The void without Him is too grave for any thing or any amount of things to fill. Only just think on HIM and be fully contented.

No comments:

Post a Comment