Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Alone in the Quiet

Alone in the quiet I ponder
  On the absence of life’s fonder.
Why is it so amiss to me
  Have I not given endlessly?


I see those with wayward glee
  Given to, so inherently.
Why is it amiss to me
  Have I not given endlessly?


See, God, I would bless thee
  If I were given to, so freely.
One bagger would not cross my course
  That I wouldn’t better his remorse.


See the shadows that overlay
  With grievances too much to pay?
I could do some good, you see
  Have I not given endlessly?


Alone in the quiet He directs
  My heart to His intellect
You are of a wayward glee
   If you think it would bless me.


When I am all that is abiding
  These three things are the residing:
Undying Faith, hope, and charity.
  Of these you’ve been given endlessly.


Alone in the quiet I ponder
  To which one my heart is fonder
Life’s pretties I could possess
  Or of His mercies I’ve been blessed.


I choose Him, He’s my desire
  He is everything that I require.
He’s given Himself endlessly
  So that I might take of Him freely.

No comments:

Post a Comment